I have just released a Beta of a new application , based on demand – WatchFolder for handbrake.
This is based on the popular HB Batchencoder, and has an identical feature set except it will watch a preset folder and when a new file arrives, it will encode it.
- Watchs a set folder and when a new file arrives, encodes it
- Queues new files and encodes the lot!
- Supports input files: mpg, wmv, avi, m2ts, mkv, m4v, mp4, flv, mov,.ts and ISO images!
- Use presets or roll your own query
- Delete or leave source files
- Add metadata to mp4/m4v files including episode, series and type.
- Set handbrake priority
- Recrusive file recreate feature
- Automatically grabs cover art from amazon
- Choose file extensions
- Remembers last used settings
- progress bar of files encoded
- Allows you to save a custom query for future use
Supports all file types , adds metadata including cover art and episode information etc. basically just run it, set the settings once and it will watch a folder and do all of the above….
Note – this is not a batch encoder in that it will only watch for new files – it will not encode files already in the folder at start up, only new files added. If you add many files it will queue them all and process them. It wacthes all sub folders so it doesn’t matter what way your files are stored – it will catch them.
This exe can help totally automate your workflow – set TED up to grab your downloads, they will start in your torrent and then watchfolder will encode them. Nice…
This is a beta and has one small known issue – if you set initially the watch folder path, or change it, you need to exit the app and restart it. working on that one….. please post any comments of feedback in order to make this better!
Direct link with full installer and all required files here
Free as always, donations in lieu of coffee greatly received ;)