Watchfolder Updated

Posted: December 29, 2010 in HandBrake, Windows

Watchfolder has been updated:

1. You can now place the HB exe in a central location

2. Added support for Video_TS rips.

Notes: There is a wait timert inserted in the video ts encode – it waits for a couple of minutes after the file is noticed before it starts to encode – this is to ensure the folder is fully copied to the watch location. depending on your network , copying could take longer so please use the wait timer settig in the Ui if you need to extend this wait time.

Download at same link.

Comments
  1. Steve says:

    Hi,

    This could be the answer to my prayers. I have SAB and Sickbeard installed on WHS(Windows Home Server) and want to use this to auto convert the files downloaded by SickBeard into Apple TV format for adding to itunes. I have installed this and set it up and it appears in the task bar, A new filed is added to my watch folder which is acknowledged but nothing happens after that. I presume it should start encoding but nothing happens that I can see and even looking in taskmanager there is no HandbrakeCLI process. I have HB installed on the machine. Am I missing anything?

    Cheers and thanks in advance.

    Should this work then I’m sure there is a coffee in there somewhere for you🙂

    Steve

    • videoscripts says:

      @Steve

      Can you send me the contents of the wconfig.txt file in the program folder?
      Watch should have installed Hb in its program folder – is it there?
      When the file is acknowledged, what does the tray tip message say?
      whats the source file type?

  2. Steve says:

    Hi,

    Contents as below

    Yes Handbrakecli.exe is there and the source file is a 1.2GB MKV file. When the file is acknowledged ir reports back the file name and then says waiting to encode (I assume thats because I have introduced a 5 min delay to ensure the file is copied over successfully)

    D:\shares\Videos\TV
    D:\shares\Videos\Converted Files
    -f mp4 -X 720 –loose-anamorphic -e x264 -q 20 -a 1,1 -E faac,ac3 -6 dpl2,auto -R 48,Auto -B 160,auto -D 0.0,0.0 -m -x cabac=0:ref=2:me=umh:bframes=0:8x8dct=0:trellis=0:subq=6:weightb=0 -v 1
    m4v
    No
    Yes

    5

    Cheers for your help

    Steve

    • videoscripts says:

      Can you check something out for me? can you double that delay to 10 mins and rerun it? keep the task manager open to watch for handbrakecli running. The only way i have seen this problem occur before is if the file is still copying and is not released to allow the Hb exe to run successfully. let me know.

      I am making a few small fixes and changes to watch today so can catch any issue we find easily.

      Also – I assume thaat file can be manually processed in HB a ok?

  3. Steve says:

    Ok so changed it to 10 mins and this time round it should file is encoding I saw HandBrakeCLI appear in task manager and then it disappeared so I assume it bombed out with some sort of error. Is there a log somewhere?

    I have also confirmed that the file converts in Handbrake GUI (ok I didn’t run it for the full duration but it did the first 5% (about 5 mins)

    Also (don’t think this will affect it but) my GUI is a nightly build so I get the Apple TV 2 preset.

    Thanks

    Steve

  4. Steve says:

    OK so I made a few changes including upgrading the handbrakecli from the nightly I have. Also I changed the optional section to show mp4 instead of m4v for file extension as the preset specifies mp4 and I wonder if that what was causing handbrake to bomb out as it may have been getting confused.

    Fingers crossed anyway it seems to be working now🙂

    Thanks for your help and a coffee will be following sooner rather than later.

    cheers

    steve

    • videoscripts says:

      Ok…hold on a sec – when you talk about the nightly – were you grabbing the cli exe and the dll file and copying it into the watchfolder program folder overwriting what was installed ? Otherwise it may be using an atv2 preset which won’t run with the cli i put in the build.

      I am doing a new build out tonight in an hour or so with a few changes, (9PM UK time). But will also leave a mkv file to run for a while here at the same settings you have.

      • Steve says:

        Initially I was using cli.exe file you provided with the universal preset this didn’t work. I thought what the hell and updated the cli.exe to the nightly one I had and changed the setting to the apple tv 2 preset. I also changed the optional file extension to MP4. Left it at 10 mins and it it works and is currently encoding.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s